We really do care!
Choosing the right veterinarian can be one of the most important things you can do for your pet. Although treatments like vaccines and spays/neuters can seem like a commodity, individualized treatment can make a real difference for you and your pet. (Small things never develop into big things if they are addressed early!) And less stress at the visit is better also. We at Guardian Animal Medical Center welcome the opportunity to show you the difference. We take the time to answer your questions and teach what you need to know. If they’re special to you, they’re important to us! Don’t forget to ask for a new client tour and learn about our services that help your pet live a long, happy life!
Here at GAMC in Flatwoods (convenient to Ashland, Ironton, and Huntington), our veterinarian and staff provide expert, loving care for puppies, kittens and exotic pets throughout their life until they are seniors and beyond.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality in Veterinary Medical care in a friendly, relaxed setting. On this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, helpful forums to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional information. Feel free to browse through our site. If you want more information about our practice, please got o the Contact Us page and use one of the convenient methods to communicate with us. Thank for visiting and we look forward to serving you.
We give back! Want to help?
On our new client tour, you will learn about our services that help your pet live longer and happier and about the many ways we give back. If you want to help pets and people who need help or contribute to our wildlife fund? Contribute online at www.vetcarefoundation.org or you can drop off supplies, cash, or checks in person. We will submit it through our 501C foundation and you will get a tax deduction receipt. You can specify if you want it to go to wildlife or pets even.
While you are here, check in on Facebook and receive $5 off of a $40 retail purchase*
*Excludes flea, tick, parasite, and any/all other medications and/or veterinary services.
Primary Wellness Plan
• Annual Vaccine Boosters
• Comprehensive Physical Exams every 6 months ( drop off in am
• Heartworm test
• Microscopic Intestinal Parasite Fecal Exams every 6 months
• Annual de-worming for roundworms and hookworms
• Interstate health certificates (when needed)
• Six Office calls/exams or 10 rechecks during regular hours by appointment
• 5% discount on all services,
Basic Wellness Plan
• All of the Primary plan plus:
• Complete Blood Count with microscopic exam
• Complete Chemistry to include
• 10% discount on all services, heartworm and flea medications no on the plan (5% food)
Basic Plus Wellness Plan
• All of the Basic Wellness plan plus:
• Urine sediment exam
• Dentistry prophylaxis and cleaning OR routine spay OR neuter
• 10% discount on all services, heartworm, and flea medications not on the plan (5% food)
Premier/Senior Wellness Plan
• All of the Basic Plus Wellness plan plus:
• Electrocardiogram TWICE a year
• Chest radiograph annually
• Additional Urine sediment exam
• Additional Urinalysis • 10% discount on all services, heartworm and flea medications not on the plan
Vaccinations (by us) must have been within 30 days or there is a $78 sign-up fee.
Everyday emergencies often occur when we least expect them, and creating an emergency plan can help keep you and your family calm and know what action to take if the unthinkable does arise. They can also be extremely beneficial if you live in an area at higher risk of experiencing a natural disaster such as flooding or an earthquake. ... Read More
If you are new to feline ownership, you will probably create yourself a list of all of the essential items that you need to buy when you first bring your new furbaby home. While bedding, a litter tray and food bowls are almost certain to appear in your shopping cart, many cat parents won’t even think about getting a scratching post. ... Read More